Issue creation filter cf user property depending

Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

This is my situation. i've an helpdesk project with multiple access.

Different users need to inesrt during issue creation a value from a list custom field. this list must be filtered depending from a user property of the current logged user (or reporter)

Probably my only way is to use a jira behaviours plugin with a cascading select. is it possible?

During isse creation can i have only the cascade select field already filtered ?

3 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2013

Yes, you can filter out values depending on attributes of the user with the behaviours plugin.

Other options might be database values plugin or nfeed or something, where probably you can modify the sql query according to the current user.

Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2013

yes jamie i will try this behaviurs plugin but for now i can't get it working as i want

0 votes
Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2013

nope, i've a list of value i need to filter that list depending of logged in user. i thought about a cascading select with all value, and find a way to forse for a single user only the first level of the cascading select..

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2013

Hi Fabrizio, I'm not sure if it works for you, but with behaviours plugins you can create multiple customfields and define by role which users can edit each field, as in this example.

Cheers

Suggest an answer