Issue creation date format

Simon Bauer April 22, 2015

Hi folks,

it came to my attention that when our employees browse different issues there's always a small box on the right with date of creation, last update and so on.

However sometimes it's like "6 days ago" and sometimes there's the exact date and time.

My questions here are:

Which factors influence whether the time is shown as "6 days ago" or an exact date?

Is it possible to display always the date/time only? If so, how?

We're hosting JIRA 6.3.14.

Thanks in advance!

Simon

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2015

It gives you the friendly human text if the date is within the last week (and the exact one if you hover over the date)

To turn it off, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/__date+and+time+formats but beat in mind this is a global setting.

Suresh Sakhare
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2017

Thanks.

i am able to convert date format.

issue.getCreated().toLocalDateTime().format(java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.ofPattern("dd/MMM/yy h:mm a")) 

0 votes
Simon Bauer April 22, 2015

Thanks for the answer, works for me!

Suggest an answer