Issue created before being in Open status

Deleted user March 6, 2018

Hi,

the issue I am having is issue created event fired before it is actually in the new status, basically I am running a script triggered on the issue created event, used to transition the issue if needed. However, I get the 

It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Spam) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (BSP-93). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details.

I have tried with sleep for few seconds (like waiting for it to actually move to Open), because I am able to do it on the issue itself, just not from the script. Is there any solution to this? 

1 answer

0 votes

Actually the status is Open, something else is causing this issue, could it be empty IssueInputParameters for the issueService.validateTransition?

Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2018

Can you post the whole script?

Also, you could just verify by getting a list of available actions .getName() to see the transitions available at the current time.

Hi Gezim, 

everything was ok with the script as it worked for issue updated, but not for issue created. I resolved it by using fast-track transition an issue script instead of custom one. 

Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2018

Perfect

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events