Issue collector not allowing to upload files

Frank Rocha July 25, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Using the issue collector

When I'm not logged in the Issue Collector don't allow me to upload files. When trying it is shown the following message: "Cannot attach file Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 13.36.56.png: Unknown server error (500)." 

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 13.36.56.png

4 answers

0 votes
Frank Rocha August 8, 2016

From Attlasian

Janice Alor [Atlassian]

25/Jul/16 1:25 PM

Hi Frank, 

Thank you for writing to us. 

It looks like you are affected by a known bug reported here.

I'm afraid that we don't currently have a workaround at the moment. I do understand the impact of this bug to your users and we have set the priority of the bug to be Major

Our Devs are currently working on a fix and I'd suggest watching the bug ticket to get notified of the latest updates. For more information about our guideline in fixing a bug, please visit Bug Fixing Guideline.

Hope it helps. Do let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Kind Regards,
Janice

0 votes
Frank Rocha August 5, 2016

seems to be a known bug, not sure if they have as priority. It is quite important to our model.

0 votes
M Blaak August 4, 2016

Same problem here. We use the cloud version of JIRA

We configured an issue collector with the following options:

• A default reporter that has Create Issue and Create Attachment permissions (due to its project roles)
  • Option Match reporter set to "Attempt to match user session..."
  • A custom form to submit issues from another webapplication that runs on premise

When a user that is not logged in to JIRA opens the custom form the Unknown server error (500) appears after selecting a file to attach (both IE11 or Chrome), even before submitting the issue

For users that are logged in to JIRA in the same browser no error appears

I expect that the default reporter account is used when you're not logged in to JIRA or don't have a JIRA account at all.

Or do I misinterpret the documentation on this setting and should we use "Always use the Issue Reporter" option to let this work for non-logged in users?

0 votes
vitaliy zapolskyy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2016

Please check who has Create Attachments permission in your project's scheme?

Perhaps you may need to add anyusers group?

Frank Rocha August 5, 2016

The idea is not allowing only someone logged, but anyone. 

Suggest an answer