Issue collector custom field type restriction

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2012

I would like to add a "Statistical Text Field" custom field to an issue collector, but it seems this type is not allowed. That type can be used in pie charts which would allow to graphically show who is submitting via issue collector.

Anyone knows a workaround?

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2013

Hi Adolfo,

Happy new year to you!

As for your issue here, first may I know if the Statistical Text Field is a plugin custom field? Anyway, I did a quick check on the documentation on Issue Collector, and basically not all custom field types can be added to an issue collector. You may kindly review the following documentation for more info on this:
- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Issue+Collector#UsingtheIssueCollector-Addinganissuecollector

Not all fields of types of fields can be added to the form, since some fields cannot be displayed to anonymous users. The fields types that can be displayed are:

• Standard Fields: Summary, Description, Components, AffectsVersion, Environment, Priority, Attachment
  • Custom Field Types: Date Time, Radio Buttons, Multi-Checkbox, Multi-Select, Number, Select List, URL field, Version Picker, Cascading Select, Project Picker, Single Version Picker, Text Field, Free Text Field

I hope that this will help to clarify the matter.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer