Issue closed time - how to configure?

Natalia Maksymenko October 15, 2013

Hello, I would like to see the issue closed time. There is a possibility to see, when issues were created and resolved. Is there a possibility to see in the field "Date" (below the field persons"), when issues were closed?

Thank you in advance & kind regards, Natalia Maksymenko

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

Depends on how you define "closing" an issue. It depends on your workflow I guess :-)

One way how to achieve this that comes to my mind is the following:

1. Get the JIRA suite Utilities Plugin
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities

2. Define a custom field "closing date/time"

3. Edit your workflow and add a post-function "update custom field" to your final transition. You can use %%CURRENT_DATETIME%% as a variable... to set the new field value...

There are other ways, too:-)

Cheers

Natalia Maksymenko October 15, 2013

Thank you for your quick answers! I have installed this plugin. I could also configure a custom field "closing date/time) and a workflow adding a last step after issue was closed - updating a field. but in a post-function menu there were no custom fields to choose, so I couldn't choose my field "closing date%time". there were only standard fields availiable. what went wrong?

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

As rambanan said you have to use the "Update Issue Custom Field" post-function. Depending your local language this post-function may have been translated

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2013

create a Date type custom field and using post function you can fill the closed date to that field

you can use Update Issue Custom Field post function from JSU plugin

https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Post-Functions

Suggest an answer