Issue closed time - how to configure?

Hello, I would like to see the issue closed time. There is a possibility to see, when issues were created and resolved. Is there a possibility to see in the field "Date" (below the field persons"), when issues were closed?

Thank you in advance & kind regards, Natalia Maksymenko

2 answers

1 accepted

Depends on how you define "closing" an issue. It depends on your workflow I guess :-)

One way how to achieve this that comes to my mind is the following:

1. Get the JIRA suite Utilities Plugin
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities

2. Define a custom field "closing date/time"

3. Edit your workflow and add a post-function "update custom field" to your final transition. You can use %%CURRENT_DATETIME%% as a variable... to set the new field value...

There are other ways, too:-)

Cheers

Thank you for your quick answers! I have installed this plugin. I could also configure a custom field "closing date/time) and a workflow adding a last step after issue was closed - updating a field. but in a post-function menu there were no custom fields to choose, so I couldn't choose my field "closing date%time". there were only standard fields availiable. what went wrong?

As rambanan said you have to use the "Update Issue Custom Field" post-function. Depending your local language this post-function may have been translated

create a Date type custom field and using post function you can fill the closed date to that field

you can use Update Issue Custom Field post function from JSU plugin

https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Post-Functions

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

20,524 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you