Issue cannot be raised - security field is required?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2014

Hi

Today i made the security field mandatory, and my assumption is that if issue security is not enabled for a project then the field mandatoriness doesn ot aply.

But, then (after making the field mandatory) when i try to create an issue for a project (which does not have issue security applied), the system is giving me an error - security level is required.

Is this expected?

I understand the fallback solution will be to move such non-security enabled projects to a field configuration scheme which has this field as optional.

But in my opinion this is a bug.

What do you think?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2014

I think it's consistent - if you make any field with options mandatory (component, versions, select lists, etc) and then don't give the project any options, then it's making the point that you have misconfigured it.

I don't think it's a bug - there's usually a good reason for making a field mandatory, and you shouldn't be using it on fields you don't intend to use

Suggest an answer