Issue can't be resolved

Zoltán Lehóczky November 6, 2013

In one project (made from the Software Development type) I can't set issues' Resolution property.

If I create a new project of this type at an issue there setting it to Done also resolves it (i.e. "Resolution: Done"). With this particular project however Done doesn't resolve the issue. Also if I adde Resolved to the workflow setting the issue to resolved doesn't resolve it.

Done is listed among Resolutions in the system.

What can I do to resolve issues, or rather, get Done or Resolve actually set the issue to resolved?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2013

It is possible hat you have workflow prepared in different way as you expect.

For example you can add (or clear) resolution in each transition.

To Change Resolution:

- start Edit workflow,
- add Post Function,
- update Issue Field,
- select Resolution in "Issue Field" and set one value in "Field Value" field e.g. Fixed (or None to Clear Resolution).

How to remove Post Function to set Resolution from workflow:
At the end of the "The Resolution of the issue will be set to Fixed" click to x

To choose Resolution in transition you need screen with resolution field added to transition
(select transition, click to Edit on right side of the screen and add "screen" with Resolution field in filed "Transition screen" (e.g. Resolve Issue Screen)

To add resolution event to transtition (for notifications, ... )
Change "Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners." to
"Fire a Issue Resolved event that can be processed by the listeners." by clicking to pencil at the end of the line.

Zoltán Lehóczky November 6, 2013

Indeed the issue was that there was such a post function missing. I don't know how.

Suggest an answer