Issue are not resolved even when moving them to done

Tali May 9, 2016

Hi everyone,

i created a new workflow and added this to an existing project through the "Workflow Scheme ".

the problem i have is that when moving sub-tasks to 'done' the resolution remains "unresolved" , the tasks are basically not closed.

Do you have any idea what i missed in the configuration?

Thank you,

Tali

2 answers

1 vote
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2016

If you want a status change to set the resolution, you either need to add a screen, with resolution as a required option, or else set the resolution explicitly in a post function.  From your description, you probably want the latter.

Tali May 9, 2016

i am not sure how to do it? im in the edit page of the workflow all i can do is to add status ?

workflow.jpg

Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2016

Click on the line connecting "All" to "Done", then you should get options for that transition (Conditions, Validators, Post-Functions, and probably Triggers).  Select Post-Functions and add a function; it should be a straightforward wizard at that point.

Like Jose-Maria Lianes likes this
Tali May 16, 2016

thanks a lot! it helped.. 

but now if i moved the task from done and the resoultion is resolved, if i move it back to any other status it remains resolved and doesn't get updated.

any idea?

Thanks again

Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2016

You need to add a post-function to clear the resolution; typically there is just one transition out, to "re-opened", or something along those lines. 

0 votes
Tali May 16, 2016

postfunction.jpg  so this is the list of the post functions, if i choose the update issue field then i have the next page of choosing which field to be updated, but there is no option of unresolved?

Suggest an answer