Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issue Types Hirarchy

Edited

Is there an option in which we can see all the items hierarchy? 
Initiative => Epics => Features

I have the PLAN and would like to know if that option exist there or in any other views.

(PLAN allows to have the Epic->Feature view, but for some reason doesn't connect the Initiative to ->Epic -> Features)

2 answers

1 vote

Advanced Roadmaps automatically shows the hierarchy in plans, but there's not general display of the hierarchy (mostly because you can't change it, it's not a configurable thing, it's always intitiative -> Epic -> Issue -> sub-task)

I have the PLAN already (AKA Advanced Roadmaps).

I can see the following hierarchy:

Epic->Story/bug/task.

However, I would like to see also Initiative->Epic->story

PLMK what should be configured to have Initiative->Epic->story hierarchy 

You'll need to enable the initiative issue type and add one or more of them to a project's issue type scheme.

Hi @Nadav Covalio

if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, there's a couple of add-ons that allow building and viewing issue hierarchies. E.g., JXL for Jira can show a hierarchy as configured for Plans/Advanced Roadmaps, but also any other hierarchy (based on issue links).

This is how it looks in action:

5-level-hierarchy.gif 

(It's worth noting that JXL can do much more than that; it's a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues, with inline issue editing and creation, quick sorting and filtering, etc. etc. Disclaimer: I work on JXL :))

Hope this helps,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you