Issue Type

kA January 19, 2014

Hi friends,

I created one issue type and add into some projects.I do not want to allow my users to create more than one issue on that issue type. Is there is any way to restrict like that.

Please share your thoughts,

Thanks in advance,

Karthik A.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2014

I'm not reading the question in quite the way Steve has. Steve has pointed you to a good answer about "stopping people using issue types in a project"

But I think you're asking to stop people creating more than one issue of a type. For example, if you add a "project control" issue type, you never want more than one of these in the project.

This is also not possible without some coding - you'd need something that looked for an existing issue of that type and blocks creation of the new issue. Very similar to what Steve has pointed you at though, it's the same principles, just a different rule about when it can be done.

0 votes
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2014

Suggest an answer