Issue Type "Bug"

sylvia ganovska July 26, 2012

When I create an issue, I could choose among several options: bug, improvement, new feature and so on. Onace I select "bug" I would like to have an additional menu(drop down menu) that allows me to select among diffrent types of bugs:

For example:

BUG

-Font/Encoding
-Missing Text
-Mistranslations
-Number/Time Format
-Spelling/Grammar

Is it possible this to be done?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2012

I can see the idea, but it's not really possible. Jira's list of issues really is just that - a flat list. There's no information held that would allow you break down the list. You'd need to work out a way to embed that, cope with it in all the rest of the code, and then implement something to show to the user.

But you can get VERY close.

• Add a custom field, of type "select list"
  • Only give it a context for the issue type "bug"
  • Give it the list of options you've listed
  • Make it mandatory

It will then appear for every bug you create. You will NOT see the list as a sub-list of bug types. But you'll be able to display it, search on it, and so-on.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2012

I can see the idea, but it's not really possible. Jira's list of issues really is just that - a flat list. There's no information held that would allow you break down the list. You'd need to work out a way to embed that, cope with it in all the rest of the code, and then implement something to show to the user.

But you can get VERY close.

• Add a custom field, of type "select list"
  • Only give it a context for the issue type "bug"
  • Give it the list of options you've listed
  • Make it mandatory

It will then appear for every bug you create. You will NOT see the list as a sub-list of bug types. But you'll be able to display it, search on it, and so-on.

Suggest an answer