Issue Type "Bug"

When I create an issue, I could choose among several options: bug, improvement, new feature and so on. Onace I select "bug" I would like to have an additional menu(drop down menu) that allows me to select among diffrent types of bugs:

For example:

BUG

-Font/Encoding
-Missing Text
-Mistranslations
-Number/Time Format
-Spelling/Grammar

Is it possible this to be done?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I can see the idea, but it's not really possible. Jira's list of issues really is just that - a flat list. There's no information held that would allow you break down the list. You'd need to work out a way to embed that, cope with it in all the rest of the code, and then implement something to show to the user.

But you can get VERY close.

• Add a custom field, of type "select list"
  • Only give it a context for the issue type "bug"
  • Give it the list of options you've listed
  • Make it mandatory

It will then appear for every bug you create. You will NOT see the list as a sub-list of bug types. But you'll be able to display it, search on it, and so-on.

This widget could not be displayed.

I can see the idea, but it's not really possible. Jira's list of issues really is just that - a flat list. There's no information held that would allow you break down the list. You'd need to work out a way to embed that, cope with it in all the rest of the code, and then implement something to show to the user.

But you can get VERY close.

• Add a custom field, of type "select list"
  • Only give it a context for the issue type "bug"
  • Give it the list of options you've listed
  • Make it mandatory

It will then appear for every bug you create. You will NOT see the list as a sub-list of bug types. But you'll be able to display it, search on it, and so-on.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

78 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you