Issue Type not showing up when added

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2013

I added Issue Type Test Plan. Updated scheme & issue type. But when i create a record its not in issue type pulldown

Re-index still nothing

Using defaults JIRA workflow and its Test Plan is visible

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2013

Hmm, the only reason I see that an issue type does not appear when you create a new issue is that the issuetype is not part of that projects issue type scheme.

Updated scheme & issue type.

Which scheme did you update? Is is part of the project?

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2013

It was created as subtask so it will not show in parent pulldown according to support.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2013

Right, that is the second reason why it doesn't show up. Missed that one.

Deleted user April 16, 2020

Have you guys solved this issue yet. I'm getting it as well.

Like Fatuma Baraza likes this
1 vote
Alexander Fedtke August 11, 2014

I had similar problem my solution was that in the issue type UI filter for the project the issue type was not configured for the user.

0 votes
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2013

Even I think the Isue type is not updated in your current Project. So, can you cross check the same

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2013

Hi KP11,

Do you have any issue security levels setup for the project you are trying to create the Test Plan in?

Thank you
Bhushan

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2014

No security levels

Suggest an answer