Issue Type icons are not displayed in Firefox and IE

Stefan Janzek February 10, 2013

The icon associated to a certain Issue Type is not displayed in Firefox or IE (but it is displayed correctly in Chrome).

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

It seems that the images were not located in the icons folder.

0 votes
ZachE September 26, 2013

This is not an answer specifically to the question posted here but this question came up in my google search for the problem I just solved so I will note my solution for anyone who also gets here via Google. A recent Chrome update caused the issuetype icons to be only 1 pixel wide in the sub-task display on a parent issue view in JIRA 5.0.x.

I fixed it by adding this CSS code to the "Administration->System->User Interface->Announcement Banner"

<style>
.module img { max-width: none; }
</style>

Georgi Georgiev July 15, 2014

Oh great! Thanks, Zachary.

I had exactly the same problem and this post was very helpful. Brilliant!

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2013

Is it just you or is it every user? Have you tried to a cache clear on yoru browsers? Are you behind a proxy?

have you tried copying the URL of the image (right click, copy Image Location in FF) and pasting it back into the URL bar? Does it load?

e.g. http://jira.mycompany.com:8080/images/icons/bug.gif

Suggest an answer