Issue Type Scheme - options

Julio Valdez November 13, 2014

Hi,

I created a new 'Issue Type Scheme' and add options.  The problem is that the options appear on the 'Default Issue Type Scheme' as well which I don't want.  How do i avoid this?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2014

In older JIRAs (as late as 6.1 I think, but I am working from memory, and my memory is not exactly great), the default issue type scheme automatically held ALL issue types, and JIRA broke in interesting ways if you tried to remove them via hackery.  There really was not anything you could do about that.

In later JIRAs, you can remove them, although I think they still get added automatically.  So, the question now is what version are you using?

I'm using v6.1.5

I imagine this is the reason.....is this correct?

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

Hi Julio,

I do not completely understand your question but here is the general configuration for Issue Type Schemes.

1. Create a new issue type scheme
  2. Associate the issue types with the issue type scheme
  3. Associate issue type scheme with your project. Go to Project Administration - Issue Types - Use a different scheme and select the new issue type scheme

Suggest an answer