It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issue Type Scheme Project Association Not Working

Hi,

Whenever I click on "Associate" on any Issue Type Scheme, it gives me this error:
No projects available to be associated with scheme Default Issue Type Scheme.

This results in me not having basic issue types in any of my projects, like Bugs and Tasks. What was more weird was that I had to create new Issue Types "Bug" and "Task", since they weren't present already. (My projects were created with the Agility template.)
Don't know what's wrong with my setup of Jira Software!

Thanks,
Daksh Jotwani.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Meyer Atlassian Team Feb 25, 2018

Hi @Daksh Jotwani,

Currently projects created with the Agility template only support Story issue types. We are working hard to bring customizable issue types to the Agility template ASAP. In the meantime, if you create a project with the Scrum, Kanban, or Bug Tracking templates you should get the Bug and Task issue types out of the box.

Hope this helps.

Dave

It doesn't help at all.

I've created a project based on scrum template and defined a custom workflow (backlog-month-week-today-done). Only need user story, but epic and task as well could be useful.

It is completely impossible to assign that workflow to my newly created project. I wonder how I will get status information defined for the workflows related to the columns on my board ...

Try Scrum Classic. I wish I had known hours before, there should be a note added when choosing the Agile or new Scrum templates that they don't allow customizable issue types!

Thanks for this post. Just saved me hours.

Thanks Omar! Found your reply after trying to configure a project to use issue type scheme without success for 30+ minutes...

@atlassian: Given that Jira 7.x suggests the new Kanban / Scrum templates, such important limitations should be well noted already on the wizard screen!

yep, have 4 projects that I am using that I am not willing to recreate using a different template. Not cool.

@ Dave Meyer, I can't get any project templates with Jira Cloud that will be available to associate as a project with default issue types

Like Benjamin Leff likes this

@Omar Ranginwala, selecting the Scrum template instead of Next-gen Scrum does allow you to Select Issue Types -> Actions -> you can now add the issue type you want, for example : Test

Any idea when this will be resolved? I'm a new user and just spent 45 minutes setting up my projects to discover this issue.

Like # people like this

For me the same - wasted hours of looking for it...  not cool...

Admin I'm New Here Jun 07, 2019

+1 not cool, not cool

0 votes

Roger that. Absolutely not cool.  Actually pretty lame, IMHO.  I've wasted a ton of time on this.  And it should be a non-issue.  If you don't support some feature, then _*DON'T ENABLE THE UI FOR IT._*  Right??  Seriously, Azure DevOps is going to kick your butt if you continue down this path.  yup.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

947 views 8 25
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you