Issue Type Scheme Project Association Not Working

Daksh Jotwani February 23, 2018

Hi,

Whenever I click on "Associate" on any Issue Type Scheme, it gives me this error:
No projects available to be associated with scheme Default Issue Type Scheme.

This results in me not having basic issue types in any of my projects, like Bugs and Tasks. What was more weird was that I had to create new Issue Types "Bug" and "Task", since they weren't present already. (My projects were created with the Agility template.)
Don't know what's wrong with my setup of Jira Software!

Thanks,
Daksh Jotwani.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2018

Hi @Daksh Jotwani,

Currently projects created with the Agility template only support Story issue types. We are working hard to bring customizable issue types to the Agility template ASAP. In the meantime, if you create a project with the Scrum, Kanban, or Bug Tracking templates you should get the Bug and Task issue types out of the box.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Tom Andries August 28, 2018

It doesn't help at all.

I've created a project based on scrum template and defined a custom workflow (backlog-month-week-today-done). Only need user story, but epic and task as well could be useful.

It is completely impossible to assign that workflow to my newly created project. I wonder how I will get status information defined for the workflows related to the columns on my board ...

Omar Ranginwala September 4, 2018

Try Scrum Classic. I wish I had known hours before, there should be a note added when choosing the Agile or new Scrum templates that they don't allow customizable issue types!

Like Bernal_Pane likes this
Dov Cohn September 4, 2018

Thanks for this post. Just saved me hours.

Georgi Mitov September 17, 2018

Thanks Omar! Found your reply after trying to configure a project to use issue type scheme without success for 30+ minutes...

@[deleted]: Given that Jira 7.x suggests the new Kanban / Scrum templates, such important limitations should be well noted already on the wizard screen!

John Giatropoulos September 23, 2018

yep, have 4 projects that I am using that I am not willing to recreate using a different template. Not cool.

Alice de Young September 30, 2018

@ Dave Meyer, I can't get any project templates with Jira Cloud that will be available to associate as a project with default issue types

Like Benjamin Leff likes this
Mayur Jain October 7, 2018

@Omar Ranginwala, selecting the Scrum template instead of Next-gen Scrum does allow you to Select Issue Types -> Actions -> you can now add the issue type you want, for example : Test

Anthony October 12, 2018

Any idea when this will be resolved? I'm a new user and just spent 45 minutes setting up my projects to discover this issue.

Like # people like this
MOX March 10, 2019

For me the same - wasted hours of looking for it...  not cool...

Admin June 7, 2019

+1 not cool, not cool

Jan June 3, 2020

Have the same issue with "No projects available to be associated with scheme Default Issue Type Scheme." 

To Jira creators: dont get me wrong but I cant believe our Head of Ops chose your platform to run my 70 projects. Its probably because he is as old-fashioned as you are. 

There are so many features in Jira but 90% of them are useless as each is only limited to this or that template..., there are so many exclusions and exceptions that I'd rather use excel sheets, which is much more customisable, than what you have here. 

Just fix this. I need to create a simple levelling but nothing works in here - its either with different plan, or add on app purchase, or different template... god, to understand how Jira works is like a spending a decade and still it feel like you learned nothing. 

2 votes
Jan June 16, 2020

Cant believe you dont have the "No projects available to be associated with scheme Default Issue Type Scheme." available for next-gen projects! I spent hours creating schemes, then tried to associate them with the project, only to find out hours later that this is not working. 

And this type of problem is everywhere across Jira - I go into settings, customise them to my needs only to find out later that this or that setting is not compatible with either the plan our company purchased, or the project template I chosen, or some other things.

Why do you even let these option be visible when they are not active for the chosen plan or template?!! 

do you have an idea how many hours, or I shall say, days, have I wasted because of this?! Spending hours searching on google how to fix things, later finding out that they are not really fixable because they are not "compatible" with my plan or template. 

God, I cant believe my boss chose Jira over Monday.com

Honestly, you are the worst PM platform out there. Even Trello was better than you. Now that you own it too, I am getting my hands off that too. 

Connor Crawford April 16, 2022

Yeah Atlassian that's bullshit

0 votes
klawrawkz October 30, 2019

Roger that. Absolutely not cool.  Actually pretty lame, IMHO.  I've wasted a ton of time on this.  And it should be a non-issue.  If you don't support some feature, then _*DON'T ENABLE THE UI FOR IT._*  Right??  Seriously, Azure DevOps is going to kick your butt if you continue down this path.  yup.

Suggest an answer