• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issue Setting Disappeared

I am using Clould Jira. I am logged in as a site admin account.

In setting, suppose there is issue setting. However, the options like system and issues are suddenly gone. There are only user management and billing staying here.

Capture.JPG

If I go into administration, when i click switch to...administration>Jira under application settinng, it will pop up an error page.

Capture1.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Dec 20, 2019

Hi Jeff,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I have not seen this specific behavior before in my Jira Cloud site.  I suspect that your account might be missing some level of permissions here.  However I can see that you are listed as a site-admin here, so I too am confused as to the source of the problem here.

I created a support case on your behalf about this problem over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-538619

As the site-admin of an Atlassian Cloud site you have the ability to create these kinds of technical support requests yourself at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Note that not all Cloud users have this ability, but in your case I think it might be more helpful to direct this request to our Cloud support team directly.  Of course if we can, I'd like to share this solution here in Community once we find the source.

Regards,

Andy

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Dec 20, 2019

Hi Jeff,

Upon further inspection, I think I might know one possible cause of this.  Go ahead and click on the User management link in your first screenshot, then click on the groups.  This will show you a breakdown of the groups in your Cloud site. 

You are obviously still a site-admin, but if you were not a member of one of the other groups that grant product access to say Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, or Jira Core for examples, then you would not necessarily be able to see the Jira admin settings for those products.

You can then click on the product access link to see what groups actually are granting product access here.  In order to manage Jira specific settings you will need to be in at least one of those groups that grant product access here.

If that is not the case here, then I think the support case I created would be the best place to allow our Cloud support team to investigate the problem further.

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you