Issue Sequence# settings

B Samayoa May 7, 2012

Every time i create an issue Jira, creates an issue numberfor it. As it is now, it creates issues in non-sequence, some will have 5digits some with 4 digits and are not sequential. Our office has been using it for a few weeks and we're already on random #33253. Is there a setting or a place to set parameters of the issues it creates?

1 answer

0 votes
Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2012

JIRA stores this counter in the project table, under the column pcounter. This will determine the next number to use for a particular project.

I am not sure if this 'randomized' number problem involves multiple projects. If so, this might be expected - so check the pcounter column to verify if JIRA is behaving correctly. If it's all within the same project, I'd suggest you to contact support for further assistance.

On a side note, this reminds me of this bug, but I don't believe it is related to your problem, as this bug just resets the pcounter back to 0 everytime it happens.

Suggest an answer