Issue Security applied to every project in JIRA

Felix Sargent May 21, 2014

Hi!

We run a giant JIRA instance with 100+ projects. We would like to open this up to the public so that they can view our Backlogs.

We want the default level of security on every story/project to be restricted to employees only.Then product managers can selectively reveal backlog items.

How can I as a JIRA Administrator apply a security scheme to every project, and to every issue, in one go?

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

How can I as a JIRA Administrator apply a security scheme to every project, and to every issue, in one go?

If applying the Issue Security Scheme does not automatically ask you to edit the issues, you have to do a bulk edit on all the issues and set it to the desired level. Going forward, set the default security level to employees only.
Felix Sargent May 27, 2014

It seems as though security schemes are applied per project -- I'd have to apply it to every project then to every story. Any way I can do it across the entire JIRA instance?

Suggest an answer