Issue Search Filter setting

Yagmur Gümüs September 28, 2014

Hello,

i have a problem and dont know what to do.

I am using JIRA 5.2 as evaluation Version to learn, how JIRA works. My problem is as follows:

I have created 4 Projects and each of dem have the same 3 componentes. And for test cases i created many Issues in the Projects with different components there are related to. My Problem:
Why cant i show all Issues related to a componente from all Projects? They have all the same components and i would like to know wich issues there are in the system according to an componente (from all Projects). How can i handle this? Is this possible anyway?

Sorry for my English, i hope you guys understood waht i mean smile

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2014

Search using the component name in JQL. That should give you results from all projects with that component name.

component = "My Component Name"
0 votes
Yagmur Gümüs September 28, 2014

Ok thanks, but i do not understand the behavior.

You mean i should "swich to advanced" in the filter option, right? then i type as follows
"component = componentName".

And this works, but why:
because if i going to set the filter options in standard mode (meanwhile selected 3 Projects at a time in the according selctList) and try to select in "+ more Criteria" the option "components" this do not work.

Why?

Thanks

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2014

Yes, under Advanced searching. In the simple mode, components are selected for a project. And components, even with the same name, are different for different projects. They have different ids and will be treated different in the simple mode. Even in the advanced mode, you can use the id for searching.

Yagmur Gümüs September 29, 2014

Aha ok, now i do understand, thank you very very much..

Suggest an answer