Issue Resolution

Heuristix-Projects March 27, 2014

Hi,

I have recently sigend up for Jira, I'm new to the system. I acreated an issue to work around and undestand the system. When i hit Done the issue's marked with Done but resolution is still showing un-resolved... i have gone through many articles on Jira documentation but could not get a single point on how to change the resolution... either it is poorly writter, a bug or i could not understand... it made me so annoyed that if i cant change by tonight then i have to move to other PM tools in the market.. any body here who can help me wit this issue on how to change to resolution field ?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014

You should add screen which contains resolution field to workflow transition which resolves issue. You will then be asked for a resolution when resolving issue.

Thank you very much for your promt response, i can write here many articles which states quite same work arounds... problem is i am totally new to system and i dont know how to add screens which contain resolutions... nay video tutorial or any step by step on how i can reach that specigic area where i can access screens and add resolutions fields ?

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014

You should try default config, it works with "out of the box" settings. But if you have custom workflow:

Login as Jira administrator

Open Administration->Projects

Choose project in which you create issue.

On left side click "workflows".

Click on Edit(pencil) for the workflow which correspond to issue type of the issue you create.

Click on Text editing.

In Transitions (id) column find transition which resolves issue and click on it.

Click on Edit.

In Transition view choose "Resolve Issue Screen". This screen contains Resolution field by default.

Click Update.

Click on Publish Draft.

Create new issue and test.

Bravo, Finally i did it with your help. I appreciate how you understood my problem and suggested me workaround. Thanks once again.

Cheers !

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2014

np :) You should probably mark this question as answered...

Andris.

0 votes

Thank you very much for your promt response, i can write here many articles which states quite same work arounds... problem is i am totally new to system and i dont know how to add screens which contain resolutions... nay video tutorial or any step by step on how i can reach that specigic area where i can access screens and add resolutions fields ?

Suggest an answer