Issue Resloved event doesn't fire with scriptrunner "script listener"

Amro Hassaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2017

Hi everyone,

When adding a custom script in ScriptRunner for a given project and selecting "Issue Resloved" or "Issue Closed" event, the listener doesn't execute and shows "has not run yet"! Seems like the above events either dont' fire or are obfiscated by other events???

What am i missing? I am just trying very simple stuff to debug this like making the script as inline and just printing to log.debug. 

I tried issue commented event for the same project and it worked. I tried different projects and still Issue Resloved + Issue closed dont' fire.

Thanks in advance for any help here coz i am miffed as to why.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2017

Are you sure your workflow step has a "Fire event"?

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 4.22.32 PM.pngGo to your workflow step and verify that the events are actually being fired.

Amro Hassaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2017

Thanks for the help Joshua Yamdogo [Adaptavist].  :)

I have also found the answser here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Script-Runner-custom-listener-script-won-t-run-on-Issue-Closed/qaq-p/413478

Unfortunately, searching for answers on community.atlassian.com is not easy. Their suggestions are not that helpful.

Thanks again 

Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2017

Glad to hear it is working! Thanks for using ScriptRunner!

Suggest an answer