Issue Permission for Roles

Paolo Pino March 23, 2015

Hi,

we have a cloud instance of Jira-JiraAgile and i need to set ability to edit and schedule issue to specific user: Product Owner in agile framework.

To do that i have created a Specific Permission Scheme associated to my project and set the ability to schedule and edit issues to my user accordingly to that...

"Project permissions that are required for ranking issues in JIRA Agile Classic Planning Board are:

1. Assign Issues permission.
  2. Schedule Issues permission (due to the migration from old Rank to Global Rank, more information in our Difference between Global Rank and Rank KB).

Project permissions that are required for scheduling issues in JIRA Agile Classic Planning Board are:

1. Assign Issues permission.
  2. Schedule Issues permission.
  3. Edit Issues permission."

...but not work. I've noticed that JIRA simply ignore any permission settings related to Issue; my user (Roles: User,Product Owner) can't, for example, link issues: this is a default permission for Project Role User but not work.

What's wrong?

It seems a bug...

Thanks,

Paolo

2 answers

0 votes
Paolo Pino March 23, 2015

My Permission Scheme is correctly associated with my Project (as i can see in top section of Project->Administration->Permissions; however all other configuration in the Scheme that not offend issues permission works).

I have added Project Role (Product Owner) to the follow:

Schedule Issues
Ability to view or edit an issue's due date.
  • Project Role (Product Owner) (Delete)
  • Project Role (Developers) (Delete)
Edit Issues
Ability to edit issues.
  • Project Role (Product Owner) (Delete)
  • Project Role (Developers) (Delete)
Link Issues
Ability to link issues together and create linked issues. Only useful if issue linking is turned on.
  • Project Role (Users)

And In Project Role table: 

Project RolesUsersGroups  
Administrators  
  •   administrators

Developers  
  •   jira-developers

Product Owner 
  • Name Surname

Service Desk Collaborators    
Service Desk Customers    
Service Desk Team    
Tempo Project Managers    
Users  
  •   jira-users

"Name Surname" user is also a jira-users but can't "Edit Issue, Shedule Issue and Link Issue"

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2015

I'd say you're looking at the wrong permission scheme, or have not set up one that does what you need.

What does your permission scheme say for each permission you are struggling with?  And are you 100% sure the one you are looking at is correctly associated with your project?

Suggest an answer