Issue Navigator simple mode deactivation due

Piotr Kwiatkowski February 13, 2014

Due to performance issues with simple mode of Issue Navigator we wonder if it's possible to temporarily deactivate this mode (as some other JIRA operations can be deactivated).

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2014

Depends on what you mean by "simple mode"?

Although, actually, I suspect you can't turn it off, the functionality in the issue navigator is pretty much core code and I know some of it is definitely not pluggable, so simply can't be disabled. Also, just disabling one part of it might only turn off a display, and if the performance issues are caused by another component, you'll have disabled something useful for no gain.

It might be easier to look at what your performance issues are?

Piotr Kwiatkowski February 27, 2014

By simple mode I mean /secure/IssueNavigator!switchView.jspa?navType=simple.

We found the reason of performance issue. We have some customfields, that behave like select list in issue navigator and have hundreads of possible values. JIRA, to populate /includes/navigator/filter-form.jsp with those possible values has to search all the issues of given project and issuetype. As I heard, the problem of synchronous populating the forms in simple mode is being solved in higher (we have 5.1.5) JIRA version, so that only the chosen field is being populated at a time.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2014

It's not really possible to turn it off without significant code change. Your problem seems to be in the customfields rather than the navigator, so I'd look at fixing them instead, or upgrading if a later version is going to fix it.

Suggest an answer