Issue Navigator problem - latest issue doesn't show up

Rumceisz January 1, 2013

Dear All,

we experienced a problem that when we search for a project's issue (project=x) the latest (newest) issue of the project doesn't show up in the searchresults of the Issue Navigator.

The issue was created 2 hours before the search was taken.

We experienced this both for simple and advance search.

Anticipating your first questions: we checked all the permissions: everyíthing is OK with that.

What can be wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Rumi

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2013
  • Do you have any custom post functions in the issue creation step that is making trouble with indexes?
  • You can confirm this in your workflow.
  • Do a reindex and let us know if this makes the issue visible.
  • Does the logs have any errors being reported for reindexing or plugin related?
Rumceisz January 1, 2013

Hi,

additional info for the bug: if we made any update on the issue, it will show up in the search results. So summarising: the newly created issues don't show up in the search results. After any update (e.g. commenting, status transition, etc.) has taken, the issue shows up in the results.

+1 weird thing: this in particular projects: I just tested in a different project that I created a few issues and these immediately shoved up in the search results.

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 1, 2013

Please perform indexing and see if it works.

Rumceisz January 1, 2013

Hi,

hence our Jira is used more than 2000 users at the tinme, I opt not to do a reindex.

Suggest an answer