Issue Navigator error (?)

Rumceisz October 6, 2013

Hi All,

we found an error in the navigator:

there is a version picker custom field called 'X' which is applied by a project. The custom field is not showing by default in the navigator columns so we choose by the Configure Columns menu. After adding the 'X' custom field column we turned back with "Vack to Issue Navigator" view. And somehow the column disappeared!

When I filtered out those issues which doesn not have this 'X' version custom field ('X' is EMPTY) then the column showed up!

I guess I figured out the logic behind the custom field behaviour: if there are at least 1 issue in the search which does not have value of this custom field then the whole column disappears. If all the issues in the search have value of this custom field then the column showing.

But we see that there are other version picker fields (e.g. Release version, Fix version) which are shown for those searches where some issues do not have values of that. Why is that so?

And how could we fix this "error"? We need to see all the issues which do not have this custom field.

Can you advise?

Thanks in advance!

Rumi

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2013

Hey Rumi,

have you limited the field using the field context?

Cheers

Christian

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2013
Rumceisz October 7, 2013

Hi Christian,

what do you mean? Could you please help?

Thanks,
Rumi

Rumceisz October 7, 2013

Thanks a lot for help!

Suggest an answer