Issue Navigator doesn't auto-complete some Select List fields

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2015

I have a Select List (single choice) field that doesn't auto-complete relevant values of that field when searching using the Advanced search (JQL). I've compared this field to other fields that do auto-complete:

Has anyone came across this issue in the past? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2015

Got it! It appears that JIRA Issue Navigator auto-complete only for fields that are set with a Global Context configuration. Field can't be associated with specific project/s.

Look like a big disadvantage for me. No reason we won't be able to see auto-complete values for more configuration-confined fields (especially if the JQL is filtering the exact same issues as the config). There is also a Bug ticket for this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35126

Suggest an answer