Issue Navigator Query Question

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

Is there a way to search a field by masking?

I have two fields and i just want names starting with DEVX. I have tried quotes and asterisk DEVX* . Is there a way to do it in this query? These are custom fields Version Picker type JIRA 5.2.4

project = XXXXXX and "Target Release" = "DEVX" or "Fixed In Version/s" = "DEVX"

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

Hi KP11,

The script runner plugin has some features to extend the JIRA JQL capabilities:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/144898/jql-query-field-starts-with

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2014

For instance, let's say I want to find all the project that start with DEVX. Then this will be my JQL query:

project in projectMatch("^DEVX")

If I want all issues with a fixed version starting with DEVX:

fixVersion in versionMatch("^DEVX")

Of course you can also combine queries with standard JQL logic:

project in projectMatch("^DEVX") AND fixVersion in versionMatch("^DEVX")

Hope this helps?!

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2014

The parameters for the script runner JQL functions are just normal regular expressions. This page gives more information about the script runner JQL functions:

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions

Suggest an answer