Issue Movement in Bulk from one project to other in Jira 4.4.3

bobby November 30, 2013

Hi Team,

I want to move multiple issues in bulk from one Project to other project, without losing any data, How I can do the same, I'm using Jira 4.4.3

Thanks in Advance for the help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2013

It can be done pretty easily by using the jira bulk change feature.

Have a look at this url for details

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Modifying+Multiple+('Bulk')+Issues

rahul

bobby November 30, 2013

Thanks Rahul, But one more question if in both projects custom fields are different, so while moving the issue from first project to second one field data will be lost how I can save that?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2013

Custom field data will not be lost , it will just be hidden.

What you need to do first is to check the custom field context and ensure that all those custom fields which were enabled for project A are also enabled on your project B

Second, you need to ensure that the screens that are visible for project B, has those custom fields in them.

If you can ensure above two points, the custom field information will be visible to you after you do the bulk move.

Rahul

bobby December 2, 2013

Thanks Rahul

Suggest an answer