[Issue] Mail Handler for Google -Email Box

Arnold Chang April 2, 2014

Hi,

I'm using a mail handler to poin to a mail server sticking to a enterprise Google E-Mail box via Secure POP. Delay I set is 1 (min.).

From time to time my users told me that tickets were triggered hours to one day after receiving the new e-mails.

The workaround I found to temporarily fix and avoid the problem is to regularly (bi-weekly or monthly) reactive the POP of the e-mail box. Afterwards, it will work well as expected again for a while. (The weird part is I have multiple mail handlers. Each matches to a JIRA project. However, the symptom doesn't happen to all of them.)

Does anyone know the root cause or like to give me advice? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arnold

2 answers

0 votes
tier-0 grump
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2014

Your memory looks fine to me - it might be time to open a support case so that we can get hold of the logs and try to get to teh bottom of this.

0 votes
tier-0 grump
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2014

What version of JIRA, there are some known bugs with MailQueues stalling when receiving mail messages. For instance in 5.2 the MailHandler would stop if it received a mail message with a blank body and no attachment.

Arnold Chang April 2, 2014

Thanks James.

I'm using Jira Enterprise 6.1.2 ( Atlassian JIRA (v6.1.2#6157-sha1:98c7292)).

Are there known bugs associated with the mail server/handler for gmail ?

tier-0 grump
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2014

Mmm, we'd fixed most of the mail handler bugs by then, the only one I know of is the silently dying if it runs out of memory....how much memory are you giving to JIRA. And BTW, sorry for the delay getting back to you...

Arnold Chang April 6, 2014

Thanks for your response.

Here you go. Should I add more?

Total Memory 3959 MB
Free Memory 2238 MB
Used Memory 1721 MB
Total PermGen Memory 768 MB
Free PermGen Memory 269 MB
Used PermGen Memory 498 MB
Memory Graph
56% Free (Total: 3959 MB) (Force garbage collection)
PermGen Memory Graph
35% Free (Total: 768 MB)
Non-Heap Memory Graph (includes PermGen)
35% Free (Total: 816 MB)

Suggest an answer