Issue Importing Maven (Atlassian JIRA Plugin) Project into Eclipse IDE

Paul Bailey June 5, 2014

I am wanting to create a JIRA plugin with the Atlassian JIRA SDK. After creating the project I am encountering several errors when trying to import the project as a Maven project into the Eclipse IDE (Kepler)

Here are the steps that I am taking to produce the error...

1. In PowerShell I create the skeleton with the "atlas-create-jira-plugin" command.
  2. After creating the plugin skeleton I run "atlas-mvn eclipse:eclipse"
  3. In Eclipse I select Import > Existing Maven Projects then I choose my plugin.

At this point I receive the following errors ...

• No marketplace entries found to handle maven-jira-plugin:4.2.20:compress-resources in Eclipse. Please see Help for more information.
  • No marketplace entries found to handle maven-jira-plugin:4.2.20:copy-bundled-dependencies in Eclipse
  • No marketplace entries found to handle maven-jira-plugin:4.2.20:copy-test-bundled-dependencies in Eclipse
  • No marketplace entries found to handle maven-jira-plugin:4.2.20:filter-plugin-descriptor in Eclipse
  • No marketplace entries found to handle maven-jira-plugin:4.2.20:filter-test-plugin-descriptor in Eclipse
  • No marketplace entries found to handle maven-jira-plugin:4.2.20:generate-manifest in Eclipse
  • No marketplace entries found to handle maven-jira-plugin:4.2.20:generate-rest-docs in Eclipse
  • No marketplace entries found to handle maven-jira-plugin:4.2.20:generate-test-manifest in Eclipse

I have tried to disable the Maven Nature, then run atlas-mvn eclipse:clean then convert back to a Maven project, but the errors come back when doing so. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Bailey July 28, 2014

Rather then using Eclipse, use IntelliJ. This has not been an issue since I switched to the IntelliJ IDE.

3 votes
herrherrmann January 27, 2015

I'm having the same problem, as well as many other developers (e.g. here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24066502/issue-importing-maven-atlassian-jira-plugin-project-into-eclipse-ide). I don't think switching to InelliJ is the best and only solution to this ...

Suggest an answer