Issue Following Plugin Update

Joshua Grippo May 13, 2014

I was updating plugins for Jira and following one of the plugins finishing their update I was directed to an error screen that says , "We had some technical problems during your last operation. We deeply apologize for that :(" The technical details lead me to believe that Jira Agile is the culprit, though that wasn't the plugin that I was updating when I was taken to this screen. I now cannot get past this error screen so am not sure how to undo anything I may have done. I have copied the first few lines of the technical details and can copy more if that would be helpful.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Referer URL: Unknown

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: com.atlassian.plugin.PluginException: Didn't find any configuration service for bundle com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira nor any entities scanning for default AO packages.

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: com.atlassian.plugin.PluginException: Didn't find any configuration service for bundle com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira nor any entities scanning for default AO packages.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

Hi John,

If you could find the plugins you need to update manually, what you can attempt to do is the following:

1. Download the plugin(s) manually from the Atlassian Marketplace.
  2. Shutdown JIRA.
  3. Delete the following directories:
    - $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins
    - $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins
  4. Delete the un-updated plugin(s) from the $JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins directory.
  5. Place the plugin(s) downloaded from step 1 above to the $JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins directory.
  6. Restart JIRA.

What we are attempting here is the cleanup of plugin cache and the rebuilding of it. Let's see whether the same error message would be displayed.

Suggest an answer