Issue Created e-mail is not received by the Reporter in JIRA

hachi May 13, 2013

Hi,

When the reporter creates an Issue on JIRA, the Project Lead, Administrator and Assignee receives Issue Created e-mail notification but not the Reporter. In the Notification Scheme, I have selected the folloiwing for Issue Created:

Reporter, Project Lead, Administrator and Assignee.

In the workflow, for Create function, I have given Fire a Issue created event in the Post function.

Am I missing out on something? What should I do to rectify this Issue?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

it is likely that the reporter has activated the 'Do not notify me' about own changes in his profile

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

please see here for managing your profile

hachi May 13, 2013

Thank you for your quick response!

Just to clarify - are you telling me by default, the reporter will not receive Issue Created notification unless they change their profile settings?

0 votes
Silver Salonen February 17, 2014

To my mind changing My Changes setting is too general - eg. users don't need to get notified about their own comments, but if somebody else is creating an issue on their name (eg. e-mail handler) then it is quite necessary for user to get the notification.

Can this be set up? Or somehow force My Changes setting for individual events only?

0 votes
hachi May 13, 2013

Thank you for your quick response!

Just to clarify - are you telling me by default, the reporter will not receive Issue Created notification unless they change their profile settings?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

It depends how your JIRA is set up. You can set the default for My Changes on what you like . See the link i provided

hachi May 13, 2013

Understood. Thank you :)

Suggest an answer