Issue Created e-mail is not received by the Reporter in JIRA

Hi,

When the reporter creates an Issue on JIRA, the Project Lead, Administrator and Assignee receives Issue Created e-mail notification but not the Reporter. In the Notification Scheme, I have selected the folloiwing for Issue Created:

Reporter, Project Lead, Administrator and Assignee.

In the workflow, for Create function, I have given Fire a Issue created event in the Post function.

Am I missing out on something? What should I do to rectify this Issue?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

it is likely that the reporter has activated the 'Do not notify me' about own changes in his profile

please see here for managing your profile

Thank you for your quick response!

Just to clarify - are you telling me by default, the reporter will not receive Issue Created notification unless they change their profile settings?

Thank you for your quick response!

Just to clarify - are you telling me by default, the reporter will not receive Issue Created notification unless they change their profile settings?

It depends how your JIRA is set up. You can set the default for My Changes on what you like . See the link i provided

Understood. Thank you :)

To my mind changing My Changes setting is too general - eg. users don't need to get notified about their own comments, but if somebody else is creating an issue on their name (eg. e-mail handler) then it is quite necessary for user to get the notification.

Can this be set up? Or somehow force My Changes setting for individual events only?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

1,005 views 3 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you