Issue Created Notification Scheme

Bill Smith September 16, 2014

I am an admin in JIRA project A and have added myself as a single email address and as a single user to the Issue Created notification.  When an issue is moved from project B into project A, I am not receiving email notification of an issue having been created in project A as I would expect.  Also, I have used the Notification Helper wizard.  It tells me I do not receive notifications on Issue Created although both my user ID and email address are included in the Issue Created notification.  Any insights as to why?  

4 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

You need to use the Issue Moved notification.

image2014-9-16 12:32:33.png

0 votes

Should've dug a little deeper before posting the question.  this is apparently not an issue that Atlassian is choosing to fix:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-8819

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

Doesn't Issue Moved function for you? It works fine for me and the companies we've serviced...

0 votes

Yes, if I create an issuer directly in project A, I get notifications. It appears to be only when an issue is moved to my project from another project that I get no notifications..

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

Have you received email from JIRA yet at all?

Suggest an answer