Issue Collectors will not record all the data submitted in the form, since fields for the issue type are not present.

Bob September 18, 2012

When creating an Issue Collector, I receive the following message:

"Issue Collectors will not record all the data submitted in the form, since fields for the issue type are not present."

How are the fields tied to issue types then tied to the screens associated with the issue collectors?

Thanks.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob April 25, 2013

Ensure the required fields on the form match those defined in the collector. I began by making all fields not required then one by one enabled until I found the culprit. The good ol' divide and conquer routine.

3 votes
Wart Fransen September 4, 2013

i had this error too, and i fixed it by setting the field Environment to 'show' in the fields, and adding it to the create issue screen

Tim Bieri April 14, 2018

Thanks, that worked.

Alis-Hathway Ward (DO NOT USE) July 3, 2019

This is such a massive facepalm for me towards JIRA. I can't believe that field is being treated as Required. We don't use that field at my company because the users can just type whatever they want into it, so there's no way to ensure consistency in entries...

Anyway, this worked for me too. Thanks!

3 votes
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

Hi there,

The issue collector pupose is to gathers the necessary fields (based on the same fields required in the "Create Issue Screen from inside JIRA) in order to create the issue from an external source to a project inside JIRA.

What can be happening is that these missing fields are not associated to the "Edit Screen" and "Create Screen" at all inside JIRA, so the problem doesn't lie in the issue collector itself but inside JIRA screens configuration. Could you please verify if these fields are mapped to all the necessary screens of the project?

Cheers,

Pietro T. Schaff

2 votes
Immanuel Siagian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2013

Hello,

Can you check whether the label field is on the create issue screen, or whether it's configured on the field configuration scheme? I think you may have run into the problem described on this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Issue+Collector+Activity+Graph+and+Statistics+do+not+get+updated

Please let us know if this is the case.

1 vote
Andrew Tatum September 27, 2012

I too am getting this message and haven't been able to figure out how to correct it.

0 votes
Brian Batts October 9, 2012

I am also getting this error, and not able to figure it out either.

Suggest an answer