Issue Collector - not accepting unknown users

Tessa Radwan September 24, 2013

I’m trying to set up a simple Issue Collector in JIRA OnDemand

Settings are as follows:

• Match Reporter – no
  • Collect Browser Info – no
  • Template – custom

The collector includes the Summary and Description fields. When I run the collector, I also get the Name and Email fields.

However, when I attempt to submit an issue from the page I’ve added the collector to, I get the following error, and the issue does not submit:

Oops! Something went wrong...

Don't worry though! We've logged this problem and will look into it soon!

When I go back to my Issue Collector admin page, I get the following error:

[25/09/2013 12:05:01] Required fields not present in collector ‘Test form’ invoked from 'http://testurl.com/form /' by Tessa (tessa@me.com)

When I try setting Match Reporter to ‘yes’ instead, the collector works fine if I use a browser with an active JIRA session, or an email address that is associated with a JIRA account, but otherwise I get the same problem.

In other words, currently I cannot see how someone who is not registered on our JIRA instance can use this Issue Collector, which I understood to be the whole purpose of it.

Help – what am I doing wrong!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tessa Radwan August 7, 2014

The issue here was that the user who was set to be listed as default Reporter didn't have permissions to create issues within the test project.

0 votes
Krishna Tummeti July 10, 2014

I am seeing the same issue and it works when i set Match Reporter to 'Yes'. however, I want this functionality without Match Reporter to 'Yes'. Any help is appreciated.

0 votes
Tessa Radwan September 26, 2013

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Suggest an answer