Issue Collector does not appear in Firefox

Mike Curwen NL March 19, 2014

I've configured an issue collector, and included the generated <script> tags in my website. It displays, pops-up, and submits properly when browsing my website in Linux mint using Firefox 26, and chrome 31, and in Windows7 using IE 9 and Chrome 33. But in Windows 7 using either Firefox 27 or 28, it does *not* work. The thing you click, to get the form to pop-up, doesn't even display. Is this a known issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike Curwen NL March 20, 2014

I don't see anything Firefox/platform-related in that page.

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2014

Mike, I'm running into a similar issue on Firefox Portable 28. Were you able to get this resolved? I'm thinking it might be related to XHR (Crossdomain Issues), but I can't be sure.

Curious, do you happen to be behind a proxy?

Mike Curwen April 3, 2014

Not resolved yet. We're behind a corporate proxy, but the application and JIRA are both behind it.

edit: your post prompted me to check the exclusion settings. Everyone is behind the proxy and for everyone all the internal corporate sites are excluded. For our entire IT department, JIRA is excluded as well, but for the rest of the building it was not. I just fired up my Win7 VM (which is configured as non-IT) and added JIRA to the exclusions, and the issue collector appears.

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2014

Glad that resolved it! My hunch is that if it's not XHR, our proxy is to blame in some way as well.

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2014

As a note, the solution to my specific issue was related to our internal CA. Users hadn't added an exception and our internal CA hadn't been imported into their browsers. No trust no go.

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2014

Hi Mike, did you have the change to check this article?

Cheers

Suggest an answer