Issue Collector begins timing out after about a day

Richard Schaeffer August 11, 2015

We have an Issue Collector we use internally, which works fine for a period of time (usually about a day), and then will start timing out.  We will click the button (hosted on a simple LAMP setup), and we get the loading wheel for about 30 seconds before timing out.  It shows a little sad face and some error text, although I admit I don't recall the exact syntax but does imply that the operation timed out.  I will upload a screenshot the next time it occurs.

I've tried hosting the Issue Collector buttons on Jira's announcement banner and they had the same behavior at the same time (when the issue collector stops working), so I don't think it's a hosting environment issue.  I don't see anything relevant in atlassian-jira.log.  We are hosting JIRA 6.4.5.  The only change I've made to the Issue Collector code is changing the IP address from external to internal.

Resetting JIRA will bring our Issue Collector online, but since this is more or less a daily occurrence, it is pretty troublesome.

Does anyone have any insight on getting a more detailed log, more details, or any solutions/workaround in general?  My next step was going to be upgrading JIRA to the newest version, but I'm a little short on ideas or workarounds here.

Thank you in advance for any responses.

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2015

What JIRA logging level do you have? Try changing the value to get more info. Also, can you let us know on what are you seeing the browser console? Try it with different browsers too and check console logs for hints of the problem.

Richard Schaeffer August 11, 2015

I just have the default - what level should be sufficient? I'll set it and see what I get on the next failure. I'll also check the browser console at that time. Thanks for the quick reply.

Suggest an answer