Issue Collector begins timing out after about a day

We have an Issue Collector we use internally, which works fine for a period of time (usually about a day), and then will start timing out.  We will click the button (hosted on a simple LAMP setup), and we get the loading wheel for about 30 seconds before timing out.  It shows a little sad face and some error text, although I admit I don't recall the exact syntax but does imply that the operation timed out.  I will upload a screenshot the next time it occurs.

I've tried hosting the Issue Collector buttons on Jira's announcement banner and they had the same behavior at the same time (when the issue collector stops working), so I don't think it's a hosting environment issue.  I don't see anything relevant in atlassian-jira.log.  We are hosting JIRA 6.4.5.  The only change I've made to the Issue Collector code is changing the IP address from external to internal.

Resetting JIRA will bring our Issue Collector online, but since this is more or less a daily occurrence, it is pretty troublesome.

Does anyone have any insight on getting a more detailed log, more details, or any solutions/workaround in general?  My next step was going to be upgrading JIRA to the newest version, but I'm a little short on ideas or workarounds here.

Thank you in advance for any responses.

1 answer

What JIRA logging level do you have? Try changing the value to get more info. Also, can you let us know on what are you seeing the browser console? Try it with different browsers too and check console logs for hints of the problem.

I just have the default - what level should be sufficient? I'll set it and see what I get on the next failure. I'll also check the browser console at that time. Thanks for the quick reply.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,313 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot