Issue Collector - Where all can I embed this?

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2013

I've generated issue collectors and successfully embedded them into Confluence Project pages I've created and have been able to submit issues.

However, when I try to embed it into web applications in other domains, it fails. I believe this is due to security features built into the browsers related to loading content across domains (same origin rule). Can someone from atlassian confirm whether or not I should be able to embed this script into an app on another domain?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2013

You should be able to embed it anywhere, as long as JIRA is reachable from where you are trying. Look for any javascript errors if you run across any issues.

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2013

This doesn't appear to be the case. The issue collector appears at the top of the page, but errors out with the following after clicking submit:

Error: Permission denied to access property 'jQuery' [Break On This Error] 
JIRA.Dropdowns.bindHeaderDropdown2 = function () { 
batch.js (line 223)
TypeError: JIRA.Dropdowns is undefined [Break On This Error] 
JIRA.Dropdowns.bindHeaderDropdown2 = function () {

0 votes
Pushparaj Bhaskaran October 23, 2013

Me too getting the same error , can anyone help

Suggest an answer