Issue Collector - Unknown error occurred trying to invoke collector

Steven Silvestri August 15, 2013

After setting up an Issue Collector for my project, I find I am unable to submit an issue. The form does not close upon submission and the administration console reports the following error:

• [16/08/2013 18:18:14] Unknown error occurred trying to invoke collector 'test collector' from '<url-here>' by test (test).

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven Silvestri August 22, 2013

Solution: The Issue Collector requires the Summary field to be in the collector. If this field is removed this error is thrown.

Deleted user September 9, 2016

I'm receiving the same answer but Summary and Description are mandatory fields, so I'm not sure why I would be seeing these errors.  Any ideas?

2 votes
Rachael George April 23, 2014

I'm getting the same problem. Initially I wanted to used a collector with additional fields but even trying a collector with the basic/standard fields, I'm still getting the "unknown error" message.

0 votes
Rafael Valverde September 27, 2018

I got this error and is caused by the email, for example, 

"[27/09/2018 22:28:02] Unknown error occurred trying to invoke collector 'ICM Support Request' from '10.24.58.115' by test (dane.cintron@blabla.com)"

the email "dane.cintron@blabla.com" is found in the jira directory but it doesn't have permissions to login, so for that reason is getting the error, when I changed the email to "dane.cintro@blabla.com" works fine, because is another email (not added in the directory), or you can select the option "Always use issue reporter" in the issue collector, it avoids this issue.

:-)

0 votes
Munyiva Ngea March 22, 2018

I got the same error I have made the necessary fields to be required.

0 votes
Benjamin Saberin May 25, 2017

The issue for me was that the Default Report did not have permission to create an issue in the selected project.

0 votes
Radu Palicica May 13, 2014

I've got the same problem as Rachael George.

0 votes
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2013

Hi,

From the error message it seems that you have not replaced the URL at the <url-here> block. Can you make sure that you used the issue collector according to the following documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Issue+Collector

Kind regards,

Peter

Steven Silvestri August 19, 2013

I purposely posted the error with <url-here> instead of my actual URL since it is a private URL. I had followed the documentation as it says.

Suggest an answer