Issue Collector - Unknown error occurred trying to invoke collector

After setting up an Issue Collector for my project, I find I am unable to submit an issue. The form does not close upon submission and the administration console reports the following error:

• [16/08/2013 18:18:14] Unknown error occurred trying to invoke collector 'test collector' from '<url-here>' by test (test).

5 answers

1 accepted

Solution: The Issue Collector requires the Summary field to be in the collector. If this field is removed this error is thrown.

I'm receiving the same answer but Summary and Description are mandatory fields, so I'm not sure why I would be seeing these errors.  Any ideas?

I'm getting the same problem. Initially I wanted to used a collector with additional fields but even trying a collector with the basic/standard fields, I'm still getting the "unknown error" message.

0 votes
Peter Koczan Atlassian Team Aug 19, 2013

Hi,

From the error message it seems that you have not replaced the URL at the <url-here> block. Can you make sure that you used the issue collector according to the following documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Issue+Collector

Kind regards,

Peter

I purposely posted the error with <url-here> instead of my actual URL since it is a private URL. I had followed the documentation as it says.

I've got the same problem as Rachael George.

The issue for me was that the Default Report did not have permission to create an issue in the selected project.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,874 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot