Issue Collector & REST

Peter Tierney October 12, 2015

Is there a REST endpoint for calling the issue collector via AJAX?

If not, I can save an issue thru the REST API but I want to put in the Environment field into our issue just as the collector does? I see where I can set renderedFields: { "environment":  ""} and it doesn't fail, but it doesn't display either.

It also appears the fullname & email of the collector is just placed into the description but is there a renderedFields version of the description?

RESPONSE TO FIRST Bautista

Environment is not an option to choose, Issue Environment & Repaired Environment are but those don't display data either. Besides, when the collector makes the issue, Environment shows up without having to mess with our screens. 
I've read that doc and it doesn't help me with what I need to do. I can't use the collector as it's currently available in JIRA because we won't expose our JIRA installation to the public internet. So I want to create the same functionality with our own forms to make AJAX calls to our middle tier that will proxy the requests over to our JIRA installation. 
I can capture the data, simple enough, but I have to use the REST API to do the saving. So I want the Environment and the HTML formatted Description just as the collector does now.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2015

Do you have the "Environment" in your View Screen? Can you check that. Also, the Issue Collectors are designed to render Name and Email address in the Description. They are not actual "custom fields". As you can see, you cannot make them required because they are not actually fields in JIRA.

Have a read here and take a look at your other options https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/advanced-use-of-the-jira-issue-collector-296092376.html

Peter Tierney October 14, 2015

The question around the view screen ended up being correct. I was looking at the Edit screen config and not the View screen config. Putting Environment into the View screen config made it show up in JIRA. PEBKAC.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2015

You will have to get the "Environment" details (Browser version, resolution, etc..) manually then, using a javascript/jquery. The HTML Formatted description is a bit more work, since JIRA is using it's own "JIRA Wiki Renderer" on the  description. You may need to convert this html tags to the ones being recognized by JIRA.

Peter Tierney October 13, 2015

Using the JIRA wiki options is easy and works as explained. Getting the Environment details is easy via JS but how do I get it to save into JIRA as the Issue Collector does so we don't have to change the screen def to display it? I'm using /rest/api/2/issue/ endpoint, is there a different endpoint I should be using?

Suggest an answer