Issue Collector Problem

Jack Phillips March 26, 2014

I am getting an error when trying to setup an issue collector. I am fairly new to JIRA Administartion and and I cannot find any documentation on this issue.

I am not able to create a new Issue Collector. The below message is displayed right above the "Submit" button and the button is not enabled.

"Issue Collectors will not record all the data submitted in the form, since the description and environment fields for the issue type are not present.

Field presence can be set up on Fields page."

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014

Hey Jack,

Issue collector is a way of collecting feedback in JIRA by auto-creating tickets in a JIRA project. IN order to achieve this, here are the steps you need to follow:

1. Create a project in JIRA with defaul configuration (without dealign with lot of customizations)

2. Once you have the project is created with default setup, you should have at least the summary and Description fields are set (as required) with default field and other schemes

3. Make sure you have the correct permissions set for the project. Meaning, you need to make the project tickets created by whomever user group that will create feedback (in other words a ticket/issue) in JIRA. Say if you would have anyone to provide feedback via issue collector, your project permissions would be set to create tickets by anyone.

4. Create the issue collector as defined here.

This is pretty much the quick snapshot to achieve what you are trying to do.

Mehmet

1 vote
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014

One more thing, make sure all the fields you define in your issue collector are available in your JIRA project. You can verify this by clicking create in JIRA and check what fields are available.

1 vote
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2014

Hi Jack,

You need to make sure that the field configuration, field configuration scheme, screen and screen scheme are setup properly for the project where they all have the Description and Environment fields set.

It seems like you do not have those fields defined in field configuration and screen scheme for the issue type (issue type screen scheme as well)

Hoe that helps.

Jack Phillips March 27, 2014

Hey Mehmet,

Thanks for the quick response, like I mentioned I am fairly new to Administration of JIRA and I have tried looking through a lot of the HELP Tutorials but can't seems to find a setp by step guide on all that needs to be done. I am spinning my wheels trying to figure out how to do all of this. Would you be able to suggest where I start to get this done?

Thanks,

-Jack

Suggest an answer