Issue Alternative Assignee - problem with user filtering

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2015

Hello

We detected a problem using user picker from project role.

This field ignores user filtering.

E.g.user_picker_from_project_role.png

Group "A" was added to project role "tester"

Group "B" was added to user filtering for this field

There is a user who is a member of "A" group but is not member of "B"

The user picker from project role field was added to screen for selecting users from role "tester".

So I assume that this user will be not displayed in this field on a screen. However the field offers to select this user. I am able to select this user and assign issue to user.

is there a bug or wrong configuration?

JIRA version: 6.2.5

Issue Alternative Assignee plugin version: 1.7.5

regards,

Fyodor

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2015

You have set the field to show users from group A or role of Tester.  Your user matches that rule, so they are offered as an option.

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2015

Hello Nic >>You have set the field to show users from group A or role of Tester. Group A (this group was added to role) contains also users who should not be selectable in my case So I suggest that I should use user filtering to limit available users, users in role "Tester" (see selected role from screen) AND user that matches group "B" (see user filtering from screen). However it is not working

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2015

I'm not sure I understand this. You've set the field to say "group A or role of Tester". You've then added people you don't want to list into group A or the role of Tester. Either remove them from the group or role, or change the setup of the field. Basically, it's your usage of the group / role that is the problem here - sounds like you need to break it up into more groups and use them differently.

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2015

Yes, the workaround is to create new group that matches A and B. However it is not global solution. I see that there are user filtering functionality, so I assume that it should work, however it doesn't. It seems this is a bug.

0 votes
fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2015

Hello

Is there any other suggestions regarding this problem ?

Thanks,

Fyodor

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2015

Not really, your group setup is incorrect, you can't work around that without putting something in place for Jira to work with.

Suggest an answer