Issue Alternative Assignee for JIRA 8.1.1

Cedric_DEVAUX May 21, 2019

Hi @JamieA ,

I have a question for you and I think it will interresting for other.

In my company, we use "Issue Alternative Assignee" to assignee ticket to project role members.

Could you tell me if Issue Alternative Assignee can be compatible with JIRA 8.1.1?

If not how to replace this plugins by another solution?

Thank you

Cedric

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2019

Hi @Cedric_DEVAUX 

Jamie not replying other similar threads related to compatibility .. an looking at the current situation that this plugin is no longer fully on Marketplace (just we have access to version) and number of questions related to compatibility I might say that this plugin is not longer actively maintained by him.

Overall if a plugin is officially incompatible it does not mean that it would not work. You should always check it on a test system. After that if it would work then no need to worry about much. Information is pulled from the marketplace so current vendor need to update it in order to show compatibility.

This plugin looks like it is Free and in GNU Public License. There is the source code on Bitbucket, so maybe someone would make it compatible to 8.x and then it might be updated on marketplace. So far there was no commit since 2017..

https://bitbucket.org/jamieechlin/issue-alternative-assignee/commits/all

So far I recommend to test it (even not compatible) and then think about keeping this or find alternatives (depend on the usage). You might also find some smart developer to make it compatible and maybe maintain it later? ..

Cedric_DEVAUX May 22, 2019

Hi @Mirek

Thank you for your quick feedback.

Finally I found another solution, I use Elements (Ex-Nfeed) to do the same as "Issue Alternative Assignee"

• Create a Data source via Rest API in order to grant a local user admin to request to project role part
  • On the field configuration, I set the URL path to get users member of expected role
  • In the root element, I set $.actors[?(@.type=='atlassian-user-role-actor')]

And it works :)

Like Mirek likes this
0 votes
Michael Oryl December 26, 2019

I downloaded the plugin from here and was able to install it manually on JIRA 8.5 and it worked just fine.

Saves me from actually having to get into the source and fix it.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2019

Yes, as I mentioned in my answer - "if a plugin is officially incompatible it does not mean that it would not work." it indeed might work in 8.5 and above but suddenly it might stop working or you might not test all features (or test all browsers) etc. There might be a scenario that is breaking the plugin functionality and as a result you would not be able to get a support from the vendor - you would end up sooner or later with fixing this by yourself (if possible of course)

JIRA Support March 24, 2021

Hi @Mirek ,

I am also using IAA and it is working in 8.5.7, however when upgrading to 8.13.4 it is not. Any idea how to  fix or what to replace it with?

Regards,

Walter

Suggest an answer