Issue Adding a Standard Field to Issue Collector Template

Anna Spartalis June 12, 2013

I am trying to add the field "Description" to a custom Issue Collector and am having problems.

The field is on the "Issue Create" screen and when editing the Issue Collector the field appears available for selection. When I select the field for inclusion in the Issue Collector the field is displayed in the preview screen but the field continues to have a "+" next to it (rather than a tick).

If I proceed to update, the Issue Collectore is saved but has reverted back to two fields (name & email) and I no longer have the option to select any other fields - they dont appear and I have to recreate the Issue Collector from scratch.

This happens regardless of whether the "Description" field is required or not.

All other fields that are in the "Issue Create" screen are available to the collector and are working correctly.

I would really appreciate some help/advice!

4 answers

0 votes
Anna Spartalis June 13, 2013

I havent done any customisation but I have installed some add-ons.

How do I configure in safe mode? I havent been able to find much documentaion on the subject.

Many thanks for your help!

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

Just tested it in V6. Seems fine. Can you attempt to configure this in safe mode (to prevent the influence of add-ons)? Also I am guessing you have not customized anything in the Announcement Banner (javascripts)

0 votes
Anna Spartalis June 12, 2013

We are using Jira V6 and IE9. I havent tried any other browsers.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

Which version of JIRA? And happening on all browsers?

Suggest an answer