Isn't Installing jira version 3.x supported?

Sunil Pai May 10, 2012

Hi,

I am working on a ruby on rails application, from where I need to make calls to the jira api. As I need to check compatibility for jira version 3.x as well, I downloaded an evaluation copy and tried to install it.

During the installation process an evaluation key is needed which I need to generate. But on the page where the generated key is shown, it says that the key works only with jira 4 and above. As a result I am not able to continue with my installation of jira 3.x.

I want to know if installation of jira 3 is completely deprecated or is there something else I need to do to achieve this.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2012

It is deprecated and unsupported, but you can still use version 3.

If you've got a licence for your target v3 installation, you can get a developer license for it, which will allow you to run a copy of version 3 as a deve/test system. You may have to get it "downgraded" in your Atlassian account, but swapping between v3 and v4/5 license styles is easy.

If you don't have a license, because it's expired, then you won't be able to do this. In that case, I'd suggest either contacting Atlassian support, or spending a crisp $10 note on buying a full version of Jira, and that will give you access to the licenses in the same way as above.

Suggest an answer